My inspiration for this blog!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Zesty Ranch Fish Fillets

This is another recipe that I had found a while back, and honestly, I don't even remember exactly what the original recipe was, as simple as it is!  Since today was Ash Wednesday, there was absolutely no way we could have meat, and having just pasta wasn't cutting it for me, so fish it was!  I don't make fish often, pretty much because it scares me!  When I first started cooking on a daily basis, I was extremely intimidated by fish,.  I never knew exactly when it was done, or if I overcooked it and it was going to be dry.  Now of course, through trial and error, I get it a little more, although it's still not a regular occurrence in our home.  My son has only tried fish 3 times ever, and he has actually tried this particular dish twice now.  And both time he LIKED it!  It really is a simple dish, the ingredients are so common, you probably have them in your kitchen at any given time.  Maybe we'll be seeing some more fish dishes on the menu this Lent...


Yields 6 Servings
Prep Time 5 Min   Cook Time 20 Min
Ingredients:
  • 6 fish fillets (you can use sole, flounder, fluke, tilapia, cod and even whiting)
  • about 1 Tbsp of Ranch Dressing per fillet (you can use reg, light, or creamy)
  • 2 Cups Italian Breadcrumbs
  • 1 Cup Pecorino Romano (you can use Parmesan if you don't have the Romano)
  • pinch salt
  • pinch black pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper.
  3. Brush each side of fish fillet with 1 Tbsp of Ranch Dressing.
  4.  Dip fish in breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides.
  5. After arranged on pan, coat the tops of the fillets with a little extra of leftover breadcrumb mixture.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily.

 You can serve this with a rice pilaf, or brown or white rice.  Tonight we had pilaf, lentils and steamed zucchini. 

6 comments:

  1. I am very happy to say that I am the boyfriend of the awsome cook that writes this blog. She is a fantastic cook and it is very hard for me to rank her dishes. However, I must say that tonights fish fillets were extremely amazing. My son and I both enjoyed them very much. They had terrific flavor and made me want to savor every bite. If I rated this dish it would get a 10. As I said though all of her cooking is quite fantastic and I hope that you will try some and coment on your experiences as well. Your meals are great Lauren and your blog is awsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just started really cooking and cannot wait to try out some of your recipes. Im sure they will be amazing.. luv ya =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you guys! I really appreciate all the kind words! Melissa, please let me know how Nicky likes these recipes as he gets older and is allowed to try them! After all, that's what this blog is all about, meals the whole family can enjoy! And as I post some little helpful tidbits, feel free to comment on if you tried them, and how it worked out for you. I'm, very interested in another Mommy's feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. My kids and family love fish and we eat it a couple times a week. This looks like a great and EASY recipe I can add to our dinner rotation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ann! Please let me know how it comes out after you try it! Feel free to become a fan on here, or follow me on facebook! I will be trying this same recipe again but using Swai, on Friday. I will update the blog of its outcome!

    ReplyDelete

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!