My inspiration for this blog!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Greek-Style Chicken

I love days in mid-march when it's 50° and sunny!  Weekends is family time, but it's also when I get most of my cleaning done.  If the weather is bad, sometimes I devote an entire Saturday to cooking, that way with the hustle and bustle of every day life, I don't have to worry about running around during the week.  But days like these, I don't want to be cooped up in the kitchen all day.  This is one of the many reasons why I love my two magical slow cookers!  I put everything together in the morning, and then I rush around and do whatever household chores that need to be done, so by the time nap time is over, we can get outside!  This is another recipe from my Crock-Pot:  Slow Cooker Recipes book.  Even before it started slow-cooking it smelled AMAZING! 

Yields 4 to 6 Servings

Ingredients:
  • about 6 chicken thighs, depending on size (boneless and skinless preferred)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth (homemade is best, but you can also used canned)
  • 1 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • Hot cooked orzo or rice
Directions:
  1. Remove visible fat from chicken; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.  Brown chicken on all sides.  Place in slow cooker.
  2. Add broth, lemon, olives, garlic and oregano to slow cooker.
  3. Cover, cook on LOW 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.  Serve with orzo or rice.  



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Why this blog exists

    Why this blog exists
    Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!