My inspiration for this blog!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chicken Fingers

I'll admit it, I have a package of Perdue Chicken Nuggets in my freezer in case of an emergency.  I know my son more-than-likely won't eat it, but I have it in there "just in case."  I don't like to give him them, but if I ever need to, I know they're there.  Besides he doesn't like them, nor does he like Chicken McNuggets or anything from a restaurant or diner.  I think he just knows what is actual food and what is not.  He is a smart little boy after all!  About once a month, I'll make baked chicken fingers.  I usually don't fry anything, I'll either bake it or George Foreman Grill it.  After all, it is going into my child's mouth!  Tonight, we had these with pierogies and creamed corn.  I usually make a batch of home-made white and sweet potato fries and some sort of veggie.  I also usually make a decent amount of them, so there are le1ftovers for Eoin's lunches.

Yields about 15-20 "Fingers"

Prep Time: 30 Minutes      Cook Time:  20-30 Minutes

Ingredients:

  • About 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 cups breadcrumbs
  • 1 Tbs Lemon Pepper Seasoning
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 dashes hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Wash and trim fat off chicken breasts.  Cut breasts into strips (thick enough that it won't dry out and burn)
  3. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
  4. Combine flour, salt and pepper on Plate #1.  Combine breadcrumbs and lemon pepper on Plate #2.  Combine 2 eggs, hot sauce and water in a bowl.
  5.  Dip each strip into bowl, plate #1, bowl, plate #2.  Then place on baking sheet. 
  6. After all chicken fingers have been breaded, bake for 20-30 minutes, turning over halfway through.
  7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, my personal favorite is either Honey Dijon or Horseradish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!