My inspiration for this blog!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Potato and Onion Soup

My self-proclaimed claim to fame is my Potato and Leek soup.  When it's known that I've made a batch, I need to make batches for my Mom and for my Gram.  It's nice to know that I make something so well, that the very mention of it has relatives salivating, hence why I am not willing to divulge THAT very recipe!  :)  I've been experimenting with soups a lot lately, mainly because this winter has been horrendous, and what better way to get the chill out than a hot bowl of soup?  This would be good with some saltines or some oyster crackers.  My son could eat the diced potatoes as his starch side to his dinner.  My boyfriend isn't a fan of onions, and he loved this!

Yields about 4 servings
Prep Time:  20 Min       Cook Time:  30-40 Min

Ingredients
  • 1 lb Potatoes, diced
  • 1 lb of onions, chopped
  • 3 3/4 cups chicken stock
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp butter
Directions
  1. Melt 2 tbsp butter in large deep pot. Add potatoes and onion, and coat thoroughly with the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Sweat 10 minutes, covered tightly. Do not let the onions brown. 
  2. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. 
  3. Add milk and slow boil until potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!