My inspiration for this blog!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chuck-Wagon Pot Roast

Today my boyfriend went back to work in the city.  That means I can expect him to be home somewhere around 6 P.M. or later.  And I have both of the boys again today.  And it looks almost as if Winter has returned.  So I opted for a slow-cooked pot roast recipe from the January 2011 issue of Parents Magazine.  I have had this terrible hobby of ripping out recipes from any and all magazines within reach since I was about 17 years old, and then proceeding to not exactly file them, but kind of shove them in whatever binder or folder that is laying around.  Needless to say, I need a better way of organizing these recipes.   Luckily, since I've started this blog, I have just that!  Of course when I post recipes from another source, I'll add my own notes, italicized, within the recipe!  
I have also just noticed that for my book club I need to buy 4 more selections from them by July.  So I'm trying to narrow it down between about 5 cookbook selections, so as I try out the recipes, I will share with everyone my own experiences with them!

Yields 8 Servings

Ingredients:
  • Nonstick cooking spray
  • 2 to 2 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 26 oz jar pasta sauce 
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 cups mini wagon-wheel pasta (I used tri-color fiori)
  • 1 cup baby carrots, halved diagonally
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen cut green beans
Directions:
  1. Coat a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside.
  2. Season beef with salt and pepper.  Place beef in the slow cooker.  Add sauce and water.  Cover; cook on LOW heat for 8 hours or HIGH heat for 4 hours.
  3. Add pasta, carrots, and beans, stirring into liquid.  Increase to HIGH heat and cook 45 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!