My inspiration for this blog!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bleu Cheese Sliders

I guess I should feel good that my son only likes burgers (whether they're beef or turkey) if I make them.  However burgers, along with meatballs, are the simplest thing in the world to make.  And I basically make my meatballs the same exact way as my burgers, the only difference is my meatballs cook in sauce!  Obviously, this is a variation of my burgers, so please don't try to turn these into meatballs!  I'm always trying to change things up, so we don't wind up having the same thing ALL the time, since hamburgers are one of those quick and easy meals.  I also try, when possible, to use my George Foreman grill to make burgers, it's just a pain in the neck to clean...These are good served with home-made french fries, or sweet potato fries!  We personally don't use buns in our house, but if you make it full-size and not my slider-size, it would be great on a nice kaiser roll.

Makes roughly 6-8 sliders

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of ground beef, chicken or turkey
  • 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp hot sauce (more, if you like a more intense burger)
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (please only use pasteurized if feeding your child)
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients except for crumbled blue cheese.
  2. Form  into small patties, and make a little dent in the middle.
  3. Form a small ball of blue cheese and put into middle of patty, then cover with surrounding meat.
  4. Grill, (or fry) until desired "done-ness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!