My inspiration for this blog!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kielbasa and Kraut

Here's another slow cooker recipe that I used for one of the dishes for Eoin's 1st Birthday Party.  My Mom was making a Shepard's Pie dish, and since my child is pretty much 75% Irish and 25% German, I figured maybe I could incorporate this dish into the mix to represent his German side.  I know, I know, this coming from an Irish girl...  This dish is excellent, and it makes a lot.  This is great for entertaining, alongside other chafing dishes!  For some odd reason my son loves sauerkraut, and he likes kielbasa, but obviously I don't give him a lot of this only if it's with other stuff that he's trying due to the resulting gassiness!

Yields approximately 15-20 servings

Ingredients:
  •  2 lbs of turkey kielbasa
  • 12 oz bottle of German beer, such as Heineken, or you can use something domestic if that's what you have readily available.
  • Large can of Sauerkraut, I think it's a 27 OZ can.  You can actually get away with using a 16 OZ bag of Sauerkraut
Directions:
  1.  Slice kielbasa into 1 inch slices.
  2. Combine kielbasa, sauerkraut and beer in slow cooker.  Cook on HIGH for 6 hours, until meat is tender.
You could probably serve this with some boiled potatoes if you wanted to try and make a main dish out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!