My inspiration for this blog!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa

This is another recipe from Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.  It says that you can either grill or broil the chops, and I will give the exact recipe.  I grilled my pork chops with a little bit of olive oil cooking spray sprayed on my George Foreman Grill.  I also paired this recipe with a side of Rosemary Rice, but you can also pair it with yellow rice.  I prepared the salsa the night before, and I really suggest if you are not going to have time the day of, you do the same (it was a very time consuming task).  It's a light meal, perfect for the nice warm weather!  I'm always trying to broaden Eoin's palate, and since he has never tried peppers or tomatoes, I figured what better way then pairing it with sweet cantaloupe!  He tried a little of the pork chop (which he seemed to like), and he absolutely LOVED the salsa.  He'll be having some more tomorrow with his lunch!

Yields 6 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
  • 1 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 2 tablespoons limeade concentrate
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
  • Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, green pepper, limeade, onion, cilantro and salt.  Cover and refrigerate until serving.
  2. Season pork with pepper.  Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.  Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F.  Serve with salsa. (Like I said above, I used my George Foreman Grill to cook the pork chops)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!