My inspiration for this blog!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken Taco-Burrito-Fajitas

I honestly don't know what to call this recipe!  It's not quite a taco, burrito or fajita, and to be honest, it was just thrown together for a fast meal.  I've decided to share because it came out great!  I said earlier this week that I love Latin American and Tex-Mex food, and I think I took that idea and just ran with it this week!  I decided cooking with salsa is fun, and just came up with more and more ideas of things I could make using salsa!  I probably should have spaced out these recipes a little more, although I'm sure that Bill doesn't mind.  We have a "list" of what I can and cannot make again.  Recently, when I asked if the dish we had that night for dinner could go on the list, he retorted, "It really doesn't matter if I say yes or no, we rarely have the same dish twice!"  With the exception of left overs, this is true.  Since the arrival of my little angel, I've been a cooking machine!  It's funny because you would think I'd have LESS time, and would be LESS inclined to do all this cooking!  But especially since he's been able to eat, I've only wanted him to put the best homemade meals into his belly.  This recipe is really so simple, and honestly it's surprisingly healthy!  I just can't figure out what to call it...

Yields 8 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 to 1-1/2 lbs of chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 medium onion, julienned
  • 1 can of sweet corn, drained
  • 1/2 bag of dried black beans, cooked
  • 1/2 cup of medium salsa
  • 1 package of fajita size tortillas
  • shredded cheddar, or your favorite mexican cheese blend (optional)
  • sour cream (optional)

Directions:
  1.  Coat a large skillet with a tiny amount of oil and heat up.
  2. Cook chicken and onions, until chicken is cooked thoroughly and onion is almost translucent.
  3. Add corn, salsa and black beans and mix in thoroughly.  Heat entire mixture thoroughly.
  4. Put some of the mixture into each heated tortilla and top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!