My inspiration for this blog!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Honey-Lime Baby Carrots

I had bought a bag of baby carrots when I made Mediterranean Minestrone Casserole because it was cost efficient.  However, I only needed a small amount of carrots for the recipe!  So I had about 3 quarters of the bag left!  Our family is not big on carrots.  None of us like them all that much!  I found this recipe and figured that if we had to eat carrots, maybe making them sweeter would be better!  Eoin actually loved these.  They became the vegetable side, paired with Ricotta Stuffed Potatoes for a Chicken Cutlet dish.

Yields 6 servings

Ingredients:
  • roughly 3/4 lb of baby carrots, quartered length-wise
  • 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of honey
  • 2 tablespoons of lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
Directions:
  • In a small saucepan, bring salted water to a boil.  Add carrots and return to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes, until just tender.  Drain and set aside. 
  • In a large skillet, heat onion, honey, lime juice and butter until bubbly.  Stir in the carrots, coating thoroughly.  Heat for about 2 minutes, until carrots are glazed throughout. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!