My inspiration for this blog!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mustard Chicken

I've made this dish a few times, to give a little variety to our chicken fingers, and I have varied the ways I make it.  When I list the ingredients, I will give you the variations I made.  This is QUICK, SIMPLE and DELICIOUS!  The 3 key things I look for in a weeknight dinner!  Eoin liked this, it was a pleasant change from the same old chicken fingers I always make!  If you are preparing this for a child, please be careful on what mustard you choose to use!  You can use split breast, chicken thighs, or even cut up whole chicken, whatever your preference, just adjust cooking times accordingly.  I make this in chicken finger fashion, it's easier to serve to Eoin that way.  This was served with a side of Rosemary and Lime Red Potatoes and I'm happy to say that the flavors blended very well! 

Yields 6 Servings

Ingredients:
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (you can also use chicken thighs, split chicken breast, whole cut up chicken, as mentioned above)
  • 1 cup of mustard (this last time I used a Honey Dijon, but you can use Spicy Brown, Dijon, whatever your preference, just be careful on how spicy you go if you are cooking for children), more as needed
  • 2 cups of crushed corn flakes, more as needed
  • 1 TBSP onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
*Instead of the last 3 ingredients, you can also use a can of french fried onion, crushed. 

Directions:
Combine the crushed corn flakes and onion and garlic powders in a bowl.  Dredge each chicken strip in the mustard and then the corn flake mixture.  Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.  Turning halfway through. 

**Depending on how thin you cut the strips, cooking time may be less.  Thicker, longer...ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to be certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!