My inspiration for this blog!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Rosemary and Lime Red Potatoes

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I am ALWAYS looking for fresh ways to serve up a side of potatoes.  When I went to my friend Diana's bridal shower back in April at Avli The Little Greek Tavern in Bayside, I had these delicious lemon potatoes.  It was love at first taste!  I never thought that potatoes and citrus could mix so well on the palate.  They were so fresh and so light!  I made up this recipe as a nice little twist on those delicious potatoes.  It does take a little time to bake, so you can adjust the temperature, I was just baking something else on the same temperature, so I made do.  Just cook until you can pierce easily with a fork.

Yields 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 6 red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
  • 1-2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, just enough to coat potatoes
  • 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • salt and pepper to taste


Seriously, these look gorgeous!


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375. 
  2. In a bowl, combine potatoes, oil, lime juice, rosemary, salt and pepper.  Put into baking dish and cover with aluminum foil, or bake in a casserole dish with a glass lid.
  3. Bake for 30-45 minutes.  Stir potatoes once, halfway through.  Potatoes are done when pierced easily with a fork. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!