My inspiration for this blog!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Seasoned Oven Fries

For quite some time now, I have made homemade french fries if we have burgers or chicken fingers/nuggets.  Making your own fries isn't complicated at all!  Buying a 5lb bag of potatoes is cheaper than buying those frozen bags of fries, and you know what's going into your body if you make it yourself.  I used to toss my thinly cut fries with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder before baking them.  I have seen many recipes which have omitted the pepper and used paprika instead, and for some reason, I just never thought to use the paprika.  Thank goodness I finally did!  These were delicious!  I think these will be the only fries I make from here on out!  They were nice and crispy, and deliciously seasoned, and I can't wait to have a reason to make them again!
Ingredients:
  • 2 large, 4 medium, or 6 small potatoes cut into wedges (you want enough to feed 4 people, and for the wedges not to be too thick or too thin)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil, if you don't have olive oil, you can substitute vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons of paprika



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, salt and paprika.  Add potato wedges and toss to coat.
  3. Transfer potatoes to two baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
  4. Bake 40 minutes, turning once, halfway through.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!