My inspiration for this blog!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Perfectly Seasoned Roasted Baked Potatoes

My next two posts are potato recipes.  We're stereotypical Irish...we LOVE our potatoes!  Most of the time, potatoes are our dinner starch, so I always need to keep things new and fresh so we don't get caught up in a hum-drum dinner funk!  This was partially inspired by Giada De Laurentiis, and my favorite book, The Comfort Food Diet Cookbook, but with my own spin on it.  I bought a lot of sour cream, and I wanted a cross between Giada's delicious looking roasted potatoes and a baked potato, just so I could use the sour cream!  What lengths I go to to not waste food!  Anyway, these came out AMAZING!  We didn't even need the sour cream, and Eoin absolutely loved them!

Yields 3 servings


Ingredients:
  • 3 Large Potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • sprinkle of black ground pepper, if desired


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.  Put each potato half skin side down.  With your finger, brush each potato top with oil, then sprinkle with spices.  Bake until tender, up to 45 minutes, checking periodically.  Serve with sour cream if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!