My inspiration for this blog!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Egg-cellent Egg Salad

Like I have posted previously, my darling boyfriend agrees to brown bag his lunch more often than not.  But sometimes you just don't want to eat the same things over and over again!  At our old apartment, for whatever reason, I could not hard boil eggs.  No matter how hard I tried, how long I boiled them, they would always come out soft boiled at best.  The joys of an electric stove!  Well, moving seriously was the best thing for us, what an upgrade!  I can now hard boil eggs!  We always have an overabundance of eggs, so I figured I would get rid of a bunch and make a bowl of egg salad for lunches for the week!

Yields about 5-6 sandwiches

Ingredients:
  • 9 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
  • 5 Bread and Butter stackers, minced
  • 2 teaspoons horseradish
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
In a bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles and horseradish.  Season with Paprika, salt and pepper.  Spoon out on top of your favorite bread, pita or wrap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!