My inspiration for this blog!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Garlic Chicken Penne

I LOVE fast meals!  With trying to get a new house in order, it's sometimes hard to sit there and prep a meal that's going to take hours!  I'm not one for cooking an entire day anyway, as you have seen from my previous posts.  This is another recipe from Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.  Like I said, I'm diving in and trying out a whole bunch of recipes from this cookbook!  This is a simple 4 recipe meal!  In the future, I will find out how to make my own sauce, and then revise this recipe.  I made my own chicken, seasoning it with pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, and grilling it on the George Foreman.  I also served this with a garden salad.



Yields 4 Servings

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
  • 1-1/2 cups frozen sugar snap peas
  • 1 package (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
  • 1 package (6 ounces) sliced cooked chicken (you can also prepare about 2 chicken breasts the way I described above)
Directions:
  1.  In a large saucepan, cook pasta in boiling water for 6 minutes.  Add peas; return to a boil.  Cook for 4-5 minutes or until pasta is tender.  Meanwhile, prepare sauce mix according to package directions.
  2. Drain pasta mixture; add chicken.  Drizzle with sauce and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!