My inspiration for this blog!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spinach, Scallion and Provolone Quiche

I haven't posted a breakfast recipe in awhile.  Usually we either have fried or scrambled eggs with corned beef hash or bacon.  Last week I bought a container of cottage cheese, and fully intended to eat it.  Well that was until Friday came around, and I came to the realization that it was just going to go to waste.  I decided instead of wasting it, I would make a quiche for breakfast one day over the weekend.  The joy of making quiche is that you can use whatever you have in your fridge!  I added spinach, scallions (green onions), garlic and provolone to mine.  This very may well be the only way I get my son to eat spinach at the moment!  Since it was on a whim, it was also crust-less.  I am intrigued about all the future flavor combinations that I can try, and will definitely be adding them to this post as I try them!


Makes about 8 servings

Ingredients:

  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 (16 oz) container of cottage cheese, I used small curd but you can use whatever fat content and curd size you prefer
  • 1 (10 oz) package of frozen, chopped spinach; thawed and liquid squeezed out
  • 1 bunch of scallions (green onions), white parts only, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon of jarred minced garlic
  • 1/4-1/3 lb of slicing provolone, ripped into bite-sized pieces
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 325ºF.  Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, beat eggs.  Then using a large spoon, add and mix each ingredient to the bowl.  Pour into prepared baking dish.

  • Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.  Mixture will rise slightly and start to brown.  Let stand about 5 minutes, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!