My inspiration for this blog!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

1-2-3 Shrimp Scampi!

This year I've become more adventurous in what I make on Fridays during Lent.  This week I wasn't quite in the mood for fish, and one can only eat so much pasta, so I decided to branch out and cook a shrimp dish.  This was seriously the easiest thing I've ever made, and it was DELICIOUS!  Serve over rice, pasta, roasted potatoes, whatever your favorite starch is!  We served this over wild rice because we had it on hand.

Serves 8

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed is the best, it's juice for approximately 3 lemons; but you could probably use lemon juice concentrate, such as Real Lemon)
 
Eoin helped me hand-squeeze the lemons!





  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of minced garlic
  • 2 lbs of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • ground black pepper, to taste
  • crushed red pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • In a large bowl, take the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, black and red pepper and whisk together. Add cleaned shrimp to the mixture and toss to coat.  Put in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least a half hour.

  • When mixture is done marinating, add to a skillet over high heat.  Cook until the liquid boils and the shrimp turn opaque.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!