My inspiration for this blog!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Red Pepper & Parmesan Tilapia

I'm always in search of different ways to prepare fish fillets.  I completely loathe fish crusted with, or garnished with, pecans, almonds or any other nut.  I also am not a fan of fish served in heavy, creamy sauces.  This is a very simple recipe, with ingredients most of us have on hand at any given time.  I will make one suggestion though.  This is a very spicy dish!  If you are not a fan of spicy things, or if you plan on making this for a child, I must strongly urge you to cut the amount of crushed red pepper flakes!  The next time I make this, I only plan on using 1/4 teaspoon, which is half of the lowest amount suggested!  And trust me, I'm a huge fan of spicy foods, you can ask anyone who knows me, but this was just too much!  This is yet another from Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.  I served this with rice pilaf and garlicky spinach on the side.  Luckily for Eoin, I also made Sweet Potatoe Wedges, a shapely variation of my Baked Sweet Potato "Steak Fries".  Please feel free to post your very own fish fillet recipes!  I always welcome feedback!

Yields 4 Servings

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (please read my introduction to the recipe for my notes on this)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
Directions:
  1. Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl.  In another shallow bowl, combine the cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and pepper.  Dip fillets in egg substitute, then cheese mixture. 
  2. Place in a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!