My inspiration for this blog!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Dad's Garlic and Oil Pasta with Vegetables

I am so happy to present my reader's with my second guest contributor, my Dad!  I have not tried out this recipe yet, but I will in the foreseeable future, and I'm excited!  It looks great.  After years and years of just pasta and sauce, I have finally discovered just how versatile pasta can be.  You can literally add ANYTHING to it and come up with your very own dish!  This uses frozen Italian vegetables, but I'm sure you can substitute it for any frozen packaged vegetable that you have in your freezer.  

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of pasta (Vermicelli)
  • 1/3 - 1/4 cup E.V.O.O.
  • 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed)
  • Kosher salt
  • l pound bag frozen Italian vegetables
Directions:
  • In a large pot of salted water, boil pasta until al dente.  Drain well.  (Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water).
  • In medium pot, heat vegetables, and drain well.
  • In a small saucepan heat oil slightly, add garlic.  Saute garlic until it is lightly browned.  Be careful not to burn garlic.
  • Combine pasta and garlic, vegetables, and pasta water.  Toss and serve.  
  • Top with Parmesan or Romano cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!