My inspiration for this blog!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Salsa Fish Fillets

I was in the mood for a smorgasbord for dinner tonight.  I wanted fish, but I didn't just want fish fillets for dinner.  Like I have said, we are moving in 2 weeks!  (Exciting isn't it?)  and I am trying to use as much as I can from my freezer so I don't have to take it all with me!  Saves on shopping for the next two weeks!  So tonight I decided to make a seafood festival of sorts.  I made the fillets (a small fillet for each of us), linguine and white clam sauce (I added some salad shrimp to the clam sauce), mussels in garlic and oil sauce and of course a veggie, corn.  I have a bachelorette party tomorrow night, so the boys now have plenty of leftovers from the past two nights to have dinner tomorrow night!  This is truly a simple dish, ANYONE can make it!  It's super fast and simple, that even after a long day of work, this is still a doable meal!  I wasn't quite sure if Eoin was going to eat any of this, because of the salsa, but he tried it and seemed to like it.  He was in a mood though, so we'll try again tomorrow and see if we have the same outcome!

Yields 3 servings

Ingredients:
  • 3 sole, tilapia, flounder, whatever fish you would like to use.
  • About 6 Tbsp Salsa, roughly 2 for each fillet
  • Lemon juice, fresh or Real Lemon, whatever you have handy
 Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Line baking sheet with 2 sheets of foil.  You will be making a tent with the foil, so make sure it is wide enough.  Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Line fish on foil-lined baking sheet.  
  4. Spread 1-2 Tbsp of Salsa on each fillet, you want it covered thoroughly.  Squirt lemon juice over the Salsa covered fillets.
  5. Fold the foil around fish to make a tent.
  6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the fish is nice and flakey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why this blog exists

Why this blog exists
Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!