My inspiration for this blog!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crispy Ranch Chicken

When I made my Greek-Style Chicken, I bought a surplus of chicken thighs.  We really don't eat chicken thighs on a regular basis, so I froze half the package for later use.  This past week, my Mother, sister and I packed up my kitchen, so my slow-cookers are safely packed away in a box, so making the Greek-Style Chicken again was not an option.  This is another from the Great American Recipes collection.  This is an easy recipe, most of the ingredients are usually on hand in any kitchen.  You can either use Rice Crispys or Corn Flakes for the coating.  We had the chicken coated with Corn Flakes tonight, and it tricked me into thinking I was eating a piece of fried chicken, it was so delicious and crunchy!  I sprinkled the left-over crumbs in the dish over the chicken on the baking sheet, I suggest you do the same!

Yields 4 servings

Prep time 10 mins    Cooke time 20-25 mins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Rice Crispys or Corn Flakes
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 envelope (1 oz) ranch salad dressing mix, such as Hidden Valley
  • 2 egg whites, beaten  
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 5 oz each)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  Combine the rice cereal, Parmesan cheese and ranch salad dressing mix in a large bowl. 
  2. Place beaten egg whites in a medium bowl.  Dip each chicken thigh in the egg whites and then in the cereal mixture to coat evenly.
  3. Arrange the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake until golden and juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife, 20-25 minutes.  Serve hot.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Why this blog exists

    Why this blog exists
    Me and my favorite little helper in the kitchen!